What is play therapy?
Play therapy is a form of therapy that helps children and adults address behavioral, emotional, and mental health problems by using play to explore their feelings. It’s often used in situations where traditional therapy is not effective or when the client is too young to participate fully in more formal treatment.
While it may look like a regular playtime, play therapy can be much more. A trained therapist can use playtime to observe and gain insights into a child’s problems. The therapist can help the child explore emotions and deal with unresolved trauma. Through play, children can learn new coping mechanisms and how to redirect inappropriate behaviors.
Although people of all ages can benefit from play therapy, it’s typically used with children between the ages of 3 and 12. Play therapy may be helpful in a variety of circumstances, such as:
- facing medical procedures, chronic illness, or palliative care
- developmental delay or learning disabilities
- problem behaviors in school
- aggressive or angry behavior
- family issues, like divorce, separation, or death of a close family member
- natural disasters or traumatic events
- domestic violence, abuse, or neglect
- anxiety, depression, grief
- Mental Health Intake Evaluation and Assessment (90 minutes): $150.00
- Individual Therapy Session (45-50 minutes): $120.00
- Individual Therapy Session (80 minutes): $150.00
- Caregiver Touch-Base Session (30 minutes): $50.00 (These are scheduled sessions and do not apply to brief updates.)
Therapy is an investment in yourself. For you to get the best value for your money, we must work hard and be committed. A fee of $20.00 will be charged for sessions missed or canceled.
Please use the calendar below to book your appointment.
Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/customer/www/creativecounselingconnection.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/public/essential-grid.class.php on line 250